I’ve only had a couple of facials in my life, and I’ve loved each one with the fire of a thousand suns.  The sad truth however, is that I don’t have the time or the funds to get facials on a regular basis.  The good news, of course, is that I’m a total cheapskate and will find a homemade solution to almost anything, including a facial mask.




This homemade facial mask includes 3 ingredients:
  • uncoated aspirin
  • honey
  • water
HOW TO: HOMEMADE FACIAL MASK
Credit:petitelefant.com


Step 1:
Put a few uncoated aspirin in a bowl
Step 2:
Add a few drops of water, just a few
Step 3:
Let the aspirin dissolve completely, it will only take about 30 seconds or so
Step 4:
Mash the aspirin around a little bit


Step 5:
Add a tablespoon or so of honey and mix it in completely with the aspirin
Step 6:
Apply the honey aspirin mixture all over your face.  Scrub it as you’re applying, the aspirin gently exfoliates and has salicylic acid {the ingredient used in acne creams} so it’s great for your skin.  The honey helps it glide on and serves as a moisturizer so it’s win-win here.
Step 7:
Let the mask soak in for about 10-15 minutes or until the honey is hard.  It feels really weird, but hang with me, it’s worth it.

Step 8:
Use a warm washcloth to remove the mask.  I know I’m using a kitchen towel and that my eye makeup is a day old and smudged all over my face, stay with me here.
Now sit back and relish in the sweet, moisturized smooth wonderland of your face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top