Essential Oil Blend
*Use only pure, organic and/or wildharvested oils. I have linked to the superior oils made available by Mountain Rose Herbs.
- 30 drops blue chamomile essential oil (consider substituting with Spikenard essential oil if an allergy to ragweed is present)
- 20 drops patchouli essential oil
- 15 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- Combine all ingredients and essential oils — in their natural state, without the use of heat — in a stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip for approximately 3-4 minutes — or until well combined.
- Transfer cream to glass jars (I love these) for storage. Store in a cool, dark place.
For Best Results
Apply a generous dose of this cream to the skin immediately after a bath or shower. Gently towel wet skin by patting dry just prior to application. Likewise, apply anytime to clean, dry skin whenever relief is needed throughout the day.
Making remedies such as these in your kitchen requires the utmost in cleanliness in order to inhibit bacterial growth. Be sure to use thoroughly cleaned utensils, bowls, and counter surfaces throughout the process.
This cream should last 6+ months on the counter. There is no need for refrigeration.
Note: Naturally the results will be different for everyone. This is by no means a cure-all. I’m just happy to share with you my experience with these plants and/or oils. Please use conventional wisdom and consult with your medical professional prior to using this or any other herbal remedy. And as we know all too well the FDA doesn’t like any type of claim…therefore, take it for what it is, and remember, this information is purely educational in its purpose.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my knowledge-sharing/writing/blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust. Previous Page