Many people trying to lose weight are under the impression that they cannot snack in between meals, but that could not be further from the truth! Snacking can be beneficial to weight loss if you’re eating the right portions of the right foods! In fact, certain snacks can even ! Check out these 13 snacks that can help you lose weight.
1. Kale chips: We know, they’re not as good as potato chips, but they will help you reach your weight loss goals! Besides, these are pretty darn good!
2. Oatmeal: You already know , but did you know it is full of fiber? It will keep you fuller longer to help eliminate cravings, plus you can garnish it with whatever fruit and spices take your fancy!
3. Nuts: Nuts are a great source of fiber, plus they contain all those good fats you need.
4. Mixed Berry Ice Pops: Do you like a frozen treat every now and then? Unlike the popsicles you were so fond of as a kid, these don’t have all the extra sugars, but they do have all the same flavor!
5. Smoothies: Smoothies are an amazing snack because you can sneak in so many nutrients, but they still taste like dessert!
6. Healthy Deviled Eggs: Add some protein to your life with these healthy alternatives to mayo-ridden deviled eggs!
7. Spicy Yogurt Dip & Veggies: Bet you didn’t think you could eat dip while losing weight! This savory dip is made from a yogurt base and spices things up just the right amount. Break out the veggie tray!
8. Gazpacho: Ever heard of it? It’s basically a liquid salad, aka salsa. Try it with veggies, kale chips or low-fat pita chips. Healthy snacking never tasted so good!
9. Apples: If you don’t have time to whip together dips and various other recipes, why not just grab an apple on your way out the door? A small apple contains four grams of fiber, plus tons of vitamin C and potassium!
10. Raspberries: So apples are not your favorites? Grab some raspberries instead. Eat them plain or add them to that smoothie or oatmeal recipe from above! They’re a great source of fiber and vitamin C; plus they help lower cholesterol. Yes, please!
11. Cheesy Lemon Pepper Dip: This super easy dip is just cottage cheese mixed with lemon pepper! Add some carrots and peas and you’ve got yourself a healthy snack!
12. Veggies with Almond Butter: This sweet dip will wake up your taste buds and calm any cravings you had before! Almond butter is so versatile, it can even help you lose weight!
13. Sesame Squares: This healthy treat will be the highlight of your afternoon! Just be sure to let them refrigerate for four hours before eating.