Dress | Shoes
It's very common question for me to get "how did you lose the weight?" or "how did you do it under a year?" Well, I know that through out the journey, I have plastered my tips, my process and everything that I have done through out, but I know not everyone has time to go through my blog or instagram and look at every single post. I completely understand that! I decided to write up a post explaining what exactly I did and am doing.
Diet: I count calories and track them thru my fitness pal app that is free. I ate between 1400-1700 in the beginning, it just varied day to day. I eat eggs, ground turkey, apples, peanut butter, bananas, chicken, protein shakes, turkey burgers, broccoli, cauliflower, almond milk, low calorie pasta, just basically as clean and healthy as I can be. It was a learning curve in the beginning to figure out what to eat, but thats why I love calorie counting because I can eat a piece of cake and still stay on my "diet". I just have to make sure that I log it. If you are wanting to be friend on my fitness pal, my username is dianawinksmith. Now with my diet since I have learned quite a bit about myself and how my body is with certain foods, I eat 1300-1500 calories a day. Same types of foods. I used to have a cheat meal once a week but now I have limited that to twice a month. My body doesn't crave the foods anymore like I used to. I don't perform as well when I run and I get extremely sick.
Exercise: I started out walking 1-2 miles a day with my kids in the double stroller. I would use a pedometer to track my distance. I tried to burn anywhere between 200-500 calories per workout. Then as time went on and I got stronger, I started to try running. I got into running about 4 months into my journey and have just gotten stronger and built up my endurance. I eventually purchased a polar ft4 watch that tracked how many calories I burned. I highly recommend this watch and will be doing a post about it on Monday. I completed my first 5k in August of last year and then did my first half marathon in October. Through all of that training, I lost around 50 lbs. I joined a gym right after my half marathon and have now been incorporating weight lifting in to my workouts which I know has made a huge change in my body. I try and burn now between 500-1000 calories a workout. I get asked a lot how I can do so much. Well, my body just craves an intense workout. I love to run and running burns lots of calories. I need to keep pushing myself and anything below that wouldn't be.
Determination: Now this last one, I can't tell anyone how to obtain this. You just have to want it. If I didn't have the motivation and desire to try each and every day, I would not be where I am. I have had plenty of cheat meals and lots of days where I skipped my workout. I just got up every single morning wanting more. Sure, there were days even weeks where the motivation was just not there. However, I just had to remind myself that you will just digress if you don't continue and thats extremely depressing especially since I had already lost so much. That has made a huge change in my weight loss because it's never been something I saw as temporary. The thoughts like "If I workout really hard this week, I will reward myself with pizza and Ice cream this weekend." were not something I tried to let myself think. I didn't let myself think that way because whats the point in putting all the hard work and then back tracking. When I started seeing results, it just kept motivating me to keep going. I set goals for myself every single week and that made it more doable to try harder. I can remember plenty of times running and feeling so much pain in my legs but just thinking of the number I wanted to see on the scale on my weigh in day. That motivated me so much to push above and beyond.
I didn't choose the quick fix or the "diet" that would help me lose 20 lbs. I chose a lifestyle. I hated the way I felt for so many years and now I finally love getting dressed every day because I love the way clothes look on me. I get to buy smaller sizes instead of bottomless french fries. You need to reward yourself especially in the beginning but remember you're not a dog! Thats why I reward myself with new clothes or a pedicure. Just as long as it makes you feel happy!
Article source:bloglovin.com
How I lost 100 lbs in 11 months
Image via :bloglovin.com


1 comments:

  1. With bistroMD you can rest assured that not only will you eat gourmet meals, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote healthy diets.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and select the entrees you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet plan.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are sent to your doorstep.

    GET STARTED NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top