There was a definite hole in the tooth and not a small one either.  My husband called me over to take a look and I was alarmed to see the hole and I used a rubber tipped tooth probe that we have on hand to check how deep it was.   The tip of the probe went way into the hole.   There was no doubt that this was a cavity, and we both agreed that we needed to get it filled pronto.  Our reasoning was that the incisors are very prominent teeth and taking a chance that the nutritional approach would not work quickly enough to save the tooth was a big concern for us especially given that our soon to be teenager’s diet could likely not be controlled closely enough to ensure rapid success.
I called the dentist right away and made an appointment. In the meantime, I began insisting that my son take 3 butter oil capsules every morning along with his normal, daily teaspoon of fermented cod liver oil.  I’ve always been pretty strict about the daily cod liver oil dose before school, but a bit slack about the butter oil along with it to be perfectly honest.
back to the cavity story.  As it turned out, the day before his dental appointment, the receptionist calls to say that the appointment needed to be rescheduled as the dentist had to unexpectedly go out of town for family reasons.   This pushed out the appointment for another couple of weeks, but all the while, we continued with the 3 capsules of butter oil with a teaspoon of fermented cod liver oil after a breakfast of 2 slices of raw butter and honey toast.  Last weekend, I decided to take a peek at the cavity to see if it was getting any worse.  It had been about a month since my husband discovered it and I was a bit concerned given that it was one of his top front teeth.  I took a flashlight and he tipped his head back and I looked, and looked, and LOOKED! NO CAVITY!



How to heal cavities naturally

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top