My 6 Step Routine for Acne Free Skin

Here’s a few tried and true acne home remedies that are simple, contain no chemicals, and can be found in your own kitchen.
Acne and I, until recently, have had what seems like an inseparable relationship. Many products and medications, both cheap and expensive, have graced my bathroom sink all claiming the same thing; this is going to cure your acne. Well, it didn’t, and for those that DID show some promise, the results didn’t last long.

Now, I could go into my whole story about my acne, but you see, that would take ages to write about because it’s quite a long story.
These simple tips are only the topical side of my skincare regimen. It may not cure your acne (since acne is largely an internal issue) but it certainly is a huge step in the right direction.
1. Honey Cleansing in the Morning
In the AM, I wash my face with Manuka Honey. The best Manuka Honey to use for acne prone skin is one with a bioactivity of 12 or more, I use 16+ by this company.
After rinsing my face with warm water, I massage ½ tsp of Manuka Honey (you can substitute with any raw honey) into my skin, and then rinse.
The amazing antibacterial properties of honey effectively inhibit the growth of acne causing bacteria. Breakouts become less frequent, your skin becomes smoother, and the best part, no chemicals! On top of that, honey is a great way to remove excess oil and balance the skin’s sebum production and PH.
For more on honey cleansing, check out this article by Our Heritage of Health!
For more on manuka honey look below:
How to Make Your Own Manuka Honey
Is Manuka Honey Better Than Benzoyl Peroxide?
2. Rose Water Toner
Mornings and evenings I spray my face liberally with rose water (aka rose hydrosol). The rose water contains PH balancing properties that keep the skin’s acid mantel in tip top shape, very important for clear skin! It’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and smells fantastic. (you can get rose water here or learn how to make your own here.)
If you don’t have any rose water, substitute with raw apple cider vinegar diluted in equal parts spring water OR rose infused witch hazel.

6 Skincare Tips That Cleared my Acne Naturally
Image Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top